03 April 2011

Whispers of Things to Come

Okay, so now that Medieval has lost its appeal and I've got things sorted for SILC and I'm getting over my cold, I'll be more attentive to my story, I promise. The problem is that I've also been working on a fairly large project for the end of the first chapter, and it involves a lot of attention to detail and creativity that I normally don't put into things. But I'm taking a break for a bit now because there are only so many tutorials I can look at without going crazy.

I don't have a whole lot done with regards to the new story, other than a vague plot, three characters, two decorated apartments, and a mess of custom content that is now clogging up my folders. But I did feel like posting the first "teaser" pictures, just to feel like I've been somewhat productive. Even though we have til June and it's still quite early.

This is the "promo" pic, at least for now. Until I can come up with something better. Maybe it'll help if I actually come up with a title. It features the main character, Max, staring out at Bridgeport, but I'm not quite happy with it. We shall see.

The actual detective office part of Max's apartment. As you can see, he drinks. A lot.

Max's secretary, Penny, in her apartment. I really need to get a better wardrobe for her.

And last but not least, unnamed vixen/damsel in distress. Her wardrobe, on the other hand, is quite fantastic. Also, if anybody has any ideas for names for her, that'd be great, as she currently exists as First Last in my Sims bin.

And now to work on my next post! Should be up sometime soon. For once I don't have to root around for more custom content, as what I'm planning is simple enough. Maybe. Probably. We'll see.

8 comments:

Quite busy for SILC I see.

I think Penny's current outfit is quite good for a secretary to a PI

Name for the client

Gina Willow

Now that was random. :)

Lookin' good. I'm so excited! :D

Hmm, for the vixen, I'd say:

Ledora Halloway
Claudia Shill
Veronica Harris

Odd names, but they're very old-Hollywood sounding to me.

Ooooo! *bounce bounce* I'm so excited. This is gonna rock, I'm sure of it.

As for names... I definitely agree with Cheezy, an old-Hollywood style name would really suit her.

Vicky/Victoria Vanderbilt
Fae Walker
Lola Day

My brain is way too exhausted to think of any more, but here's an awesome list of old actors/actresses, maybe it'll help you with some ideas:

http://www.babyhold.com/babynames/Ideas/Top_50_Unique_Celebrity_Old_Hollywood_Baby_Names/

You guys are awesome! All of those names are great. It'll be hard to choose!

At the moment I am totally toying with the idea of calling this story The Maltese Llama....

LOL!! That's an awesome name, Amelia. Even if you don't go with it--seriously funny. ^^

Oh, and I forgot to mention: Penny is very adorable! Her clothes do look fitting, but if you can find something better, I'd say go for it.

See, I can't decide if it should be a humor or drama, as it's kind of a dramedy. And that kind of affects the title, haha.

Aw, thanks! She did turn out cuter than most of my Sims do. It's hard to find good retro outfits out there for the plain Jane types, though!

Hi! I'm your new follower here.

The pictures are awesome.
It seems that the story is going to be fantastic. A detective with drinking issues - sounds like a very interesting character for me.

Wish you luck for the SILC!

Thanks, MJ! I hope it'll work out and I'm wishing you luck as well, if you're participating!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More