22 April 2011

The 30 Day Sim Challenge: Days Six, Seven, and Eight (Whoops)

Day 6 - Something your Sims do that drives you crazy


This bugs the HELL out of me. I have ranted about it often, to everyone who will listen. Whenever I want my Sims to sit and enjoy a family meal, inevitably, all but one will sit down and eat obediently, ruining the group shot. And then when I finally get that one to sit down, the rest stand up and go about their business. I've tried turning free will off, I've tried timing things out, and every time, it just happens. This is why I don't feed them for pictures unless I really need the shot. They have ruined SO MANY scenes this way.



Day 7 - Favorite interaction or facial expression of a Sim


I have a couple of favorites, but I wanted to choose something original since my first few favorites have already been posted by people (and one turned out to not even be in the game, and was simply a product of my deranged mind). I really adore the Childrish trait and its idles/animations, particularly the silly face, as seen above! There are a couple, including the moose ears one that sims can make to each other and in the mirror, but I like the one that looks like they're pulling their eyes out of their sockets. Because it amuses me. And because I, myself, am Childish. 



Day 8 - The most common reason your Sims die


I wish I could be meaningful and say that my Sims die of old age or creative need, like Kaleeko and others... but I'll be honest, the most common reason my Sims die is accidental neglect. It happens allll the time- I'll get an IM from someone, look away from my game and forget to pause... and then twenty minutes later, I'll remember them and look back at the screen, and shit- someone died. Or got burned up in a fire. Or got taken away by the Social Worker. I'll often play with motives static just to avoid this, because I know how easily distracted I am, but I really try to remember to pause and not be a neglectful Maker. Let's just say, several of the Pesces have died from my failure to multitask properly. 

4 comments:

I don't remember the last time I tried to get the family to eat together. They can't even manage a simple birthday cake, forget a real meal.

Hey, you can post the same things as other people. We might not all read the same blogs. :) But silly faces are cute.

Oh, death by neglect. I should try that one from time to time. LOL It is very easy to do. Poor Pesces - it's a hard life being a Sim.

I also posted several days at once and I don't even have an excuse like "I wanted to make a nice pic." Me bad :(

These amuse me so much. ^^

I HATE getting sims to all sit down at once. I don't seem to have many problems doing it when they need to eat, but other times... Man. It took me AGES to get a pair of elders to cuddle the other day. -_-

I looove the silly faces. I thought of those when I was trying to decide, though I personally like the moose ears and the "gun shooting" mirror ones. ^^

The last one seriously makes me LOL. I remember when you told me about the fire... I about peed my pants. I have to say... I've never had a sim die an accidental death, at least not in Sims 3. So this amuses me to no end. ;D ADD girl you!

@PiB: Bahaha, I didn't have an excuse, the pictures took like two minutes. I just forgot XD And I wanted to do them all at once so I'd catch up.

I knooow but I like contributing new stuff so people don't get bored! And it's always nice to have your own favorite.

Yeah, the Pesces put up with a lot from me, but I buy them nice stuff. So it maybe balances out ;) But for instance... the first time I did the fire, Ethan died because I got distracted by Fiddler on the Roof. So. XD

@ Kaleeko: Hehe, thank you. I'm glad other people have these issues x.x

I'm not even the twin with ADD! That's the sad part. I just... get distracted. My poor babiiiiies.

Hahaha! That is really annoying isn't it.

Silly faces are cute to watch. Though I find it a bit strange when the adults do them. lol

Oh Amelia! You forget to pause your game and walk off leaving your sims to fend for themselves. lol I think we are all guilty of doing this. ;)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More