11 November 2011

Update

Soooo I'd actually done about half the posts for the finale, and was planning on getting the rest today. And then my game broke somehow, and the only way to fix it is to apparently reinstall everything. 


Again. 

Needless to say, I'm not enthused about that. Since I was going to have to reinstall everything anyways when I got my new laptop, I'm just going to wait until that happens, rather than go through the hassle now. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but on my current computer it takes forever. (Plus, it involves scouring my whole house for all the discs that I always seem to misplace, moving all my CC, waiting for my computer to take hours to uninstall and reinstall everything, etc.) 

Soooo long story short, the finale will be coming out in early January. I know that's over a six month gap, and I'm really terribly sorry! After the finale's out, I'm going to attempt to return to a regular-ish posting schedule. 

7 comments:

Why does it look like you have to reinstall everything? That seems to be the bad tech answer instead of the good one.

Um. Because the error I'm getting says "unable to start, please reinstall base game," and because my launcher shows that I don't have anything at all installed, and because I've tried every possible solution I've come across. I'm pretty tech savvy so I don't make the decision to do an uninstall lightly, especially since I once did two full reinstalls before realizing that the problem was simple and didn't require it at all. So it's not a bad tech answer, it's simply the only answer, especially since I don't know what happened to cause it.

And because I have to install everything again in January, I'm just not going to worry about it until then. Lately I don't feel like simming or even getting on my computer at all, so to me it's not worth it to go through all the trouble only to have to do it again whenever I get my new laptop.

Fair enough. I've seen lots of people do the uninstall when they didn't need to. So it's always worth the question.

And waiting for the new laptop makes a lot of sense if you are going to be installing there anyway.

so, what you been up to lately?

Not as much as I'd like, unfortunately, I got bronchitis a few weeks ago.

Hey Amelia, sorry to hear that your having troubles with your game. :(
With every new EP that's come out I've always had to uninstall then re-install, it's a major pain the ass so I kinda feel ya pain.

A break, from sims & your computer, can sometimes do you the world of good. I'm sure when you finally get everything working and sorted you'll be back and simming like you've never done before. Well I hope you are! :)

Take care & good luck!

I'm really sorry to hear that, hon. :( This game is giving you way more trouble than it's worth. Freaking EA.

Hopefully it ends up working better on your new computer. :)

http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/seaweedy

Hello. I am sending little gifts via TS3 to all the writers who I feature on my blog. I do not know your TS3 persona, any chance you could visit my page with a comment so I can find you? Thanks!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More